Anti-Wrinkle Injections & What You Need To Know
Young at heart but all wrinkled up? Maybe it's time for you to look to cosmetic rejuvenation techniques that can truly reflect the young spirit that you are.
About Wrinkle Formation
Many facial wrinkles form when we use our muscles to make facial expressions. These expressions are referred to as 'dynamic' wrinkles. Overtime these expressions form 'static lines' on our face which means they are wrinkles that are present even with no muscle movement. For example – We sometimes see people with a permanent frown on their forehead, they are actually not frowning but the muscles have got accustomed to the wrong expression. This together with environmental factors, like exposure to sunlight, smoking and stress, all contribute to the creation of wrinkles and folds.
About Anti-Wrinkle Injections
These injections contain a natural, purified protein that relaxes dynamic wrinkle-causing muscles, creating a rejuvenated appearance.
How It Works
Anti-wrinkle injections can be used to relax specific facial muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles. Thus the lines gradually smoothen and new lines are prevented from forming.
Areas On The Face That Can Be Treated
- Upper Face-Worry Lines / Frown Lines / Eyebrow shaping
- Mid-Face - Wrinkles on smiling (crow's feet)
- Lower Face - Jawline shaping / sad angle of the mouth / chin shaping / neck / decollate
- Excessive Sweating - Underarms / Palms
No change in Facial Expressions-The injections do not change facial expressions; they give a relaxed rejuvenated and refreshed look
The Procedure-The treatment is a non-surgical procedure whereby a small amount of protein is administered by injectiions with a fine needle into selected facial muscles by a trained doctor. Normal activities can be resumed soon after.
See Quick Results-Within 3 days you may notice a softening in the appearance of your frown lines between your brows and it takes up to 7 days to see the full results. The area will continue to improve for up to a month.
Possible Side-Effects-In the amounts used for treatment of facial lines, the side effects are usually temporary and localized. Some of them are
- Headache, burning or stingning at the time of injecting
- Pssible bruising or swelling at the injection site.
- Very rarely, eyebrow drooping or eyelid drooping is seen, but this is short term.
An Old and Tested Treatment-Filler treatment has a proven 20 years safety record and has been effectively used in millions of patients worldwide.
- Before and after the procedure avoid or discontinue the following medications-Ibuprofen/Aspirin, Ecosprin, and Vitamin E.
- Take Arnica tablets, for two days before and after the treatment.
- Do not massage or manipulate the injected area for 48 hours after the treatment
- Do not sleep, lift or bend for 4 hours after the treatment.
- Do not take steam or saunas or any facial treatment for at least 2 days after the treatment.